I'm a critic and a skeptic

Monday, November 15, 2010

Screaming insecurities and not taking it so well

We live in a digital age where we tweet and Facebook status update just about every detail of our lives. We constantly open ourselves up to the outside world for all prying eyes to see. We have this need to know immediately mindset. No one can wait anymore. The need to know has spilled over into our real lives, mostly with disastrous consequences. I’m talking about digital snooping.
Almost everyone I have talked to has admitted to one form of digital snooping. Be it be reading emails, reading text messages and going through our personal web pages. Are you really better off knowing everything? If you are truly happy why go digging for problems. If you are that suspicious or insecure in the relationship that you think you might have too snoop, maybe it’s time for a new relationship.
For those that have, what did you accomplish with it? For me it only confirmed what I already knew in my gut. I felt like crap after doing it. I couldn’t believe I was that insecure that I would go through her stuff. I’ve promised myself I will never do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment