I'm a critic and a skeptic

Monday, November 1, 2010

My Life Is an Island

I’ve come to the realization my life is an island. I go through life doing my thing alone. I don’t rely on anyone and the thought of having to freaks me out. As with an island, my “mass” is below the surface. People mistake this for being a quiet, shy pushover. My isolation stems from having a problem with letting people in. Not because I have trust issues with people, but because I have trust issues with myself. I am afraid of not being able to be there enough for them. I don’t trust myself to be a good friend. So I pull away and distance myself when I start feeling like I could let this person down. This in turn lets this person down. I end up doing what I’m afraid I’ll do. Hopefully I can overcome this and become landlocked again.

1 comment:

  1. Your a great friend Josh! Your (mostly) always there when i need a friend! You give me the Critical eye I need to put some perspective back into my reality.. You have never let me down and we have been going at it for a few years.. dont sell yourself short, you are the exact opposite of how you view yourself and Im glad we connect on the level we do..

    ReplyDelete