I'm a critic and a skeptic

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Catholic to Christian to Atheist to …

I was raised Catholic. I was baptized and had my first communion in the Catholic Church. At some point in high school I started attending a Christian church. I met a lot of good people and I wish I could remember half of them. All I remember is the people who left a bad taste in my mouth who made me angry and swear off God. I thought “if these are his followers then this is a God I do not want to be a follower of”. So I left church one Sunday and denounced God, and declared I was an atheist. I had always been a little skeptical of it all but this was all I needed to pull the trigger. I’ve spent the past 10 years as an Atheist. This past year I have started to believe that there could be a higher power. Just when things seemed like all hope is lost, something happened to change my fate. I want to be spiritual. I want to find that peace that supposedly comes with it.

2 comments:

  1. being spiritual doesn't mean you have to believe in one god. And believing in one god doesn't make you spiritual. do what feels good in your heart.

    love this. love yourself. love others. respect for all. that's spirituality.

    and welcome to being agnostic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I wouldn't say I am agnostic, i am more of a deist. I do believe there is a higher power just not sure what it is.

    ReplyDelete