I'm a critic and a skeptic

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

On being divorced and dating single dad

“Hi I’m Joshua, I’m divorced, and a single father” is the declaration I make to the world. It’s not a cross to bear like some would think. The undoing of my marriage was my fault and I have come to accept it. I just hope the people I meet would only accept it. I still meet people who treat me as if I have some incurable disease.

Dating the single dad is tricky, if any women are reading this, listen up. You will always be second to the kids. I have learned that most women can’t handle this; they need to be number one. For some reason I can’t date single moms either, so where does that leave me?

My advice, take it for what it’s worth (not very much mind you), don’t date a single parent unless you are sure you can handle being number two or three. Take a step back and actually think and be honest with yourself. Being a single parent and knowing this I can’t resign myself to being number two or three.

No comments:

Post a Comment