I'm a critic and a skeptic

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Is my need for privacy too extreme?

I hate not having control over any part of my life. I hate Facebook for how loose its privacy settings are. I hate being tagged in photos without permission; I don’t want to be added to any groups either. I don’t want people I don’t know seeing any part of my profile. I hate that friends of friends have the option to add me or message me. I would love to disable that option. I want full control of my Facebook page.

Why am I so hell-bent on my Facebook privacy you ask? Well I have two beautiful daughters who mean the world to me. Their safety and privacy is my number one concern. There are sick people out there and unfortunately they don’t where signs. It could be someone you know very well, or someone you’ve met once or twice. I keep my Facebook page as private as I can. I rarely update anything too personal regarding my kids and even rarer I’ll post photos. I will NEVER blog about my children in this public blog. Maybe one day I will make a family blog that is password required but for now this one will be a kid free zone. Am I paranoid? Possibly. Is it worth it? Definitely if it keeps my kids safe, that’s my only concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment