I'm a critic and a skeptic

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My declaration; being single is not my plague

Why is there a stigma surrounding being single? I get that its human nature to pair up and procreate but what if you don’t have that desire. Why are we the ones who get treated like lepers? I tried marriage, it was a horrible failure. I tried dating and it too was a failure. No matter who I was with, being alone was always better. The last girl I dated, I was sitting on her couch cuddling with her watching TV and the whole time I was thinking I’d rather be on my couch watching my TV alone. I’m not miserable being alone, I kind of enjoy it. My personality type precludes me from pairing up. It’s just not my nature. For all the naysayers who are gonna email or call and ask if I am depressed and tell me I have so much to offer please save it. I’m extremely selfish in the sense that I don’t ever want to have to run any plans by anyone. I can’t resign myself to the idea of having to clear my plans with anyone. I am also deathly afraid of commitment, not just in the form of relationships. I would gladly pay more a month to rent a place and have no lease just to have that freedom to go when I want. I just can’t see any situation where being in a relationship would offer me any benefits. This is my declaration to being a bachelor forever. This doesn’t mean I am gonna go back to whoring around either, that ship has sailed.

“Utterly superficial nonpersons and group-people have so little longing for solitude that, like lovebirds, they promptly die the moment they have to be alone.”

Søren Kierkegaard

No comments:

Post a Comment