I'm a critic and a skeptic

Monday, July 4, 2011

Half Year Resolutions

I didn't make any New Years resolutions, why should I? Who actually follows through with them anyway? I can admit I never do. Over the past few weeks I was in the midst of a breakdown of sorts; it got me thinking about life. I made some realizations that actually scared me. I have decided to make these things what I am calling my "Half Year Resolutions".

  • No more being the emotional trash can for my friends. I'm sorry I've got my own problems I don't need yours, and I won't bother you with mine.
  • No more dating/one night stands.
  • No more activities that aren't fitness related. I plan to hike at least twice a week and join some kind of sports league on top of going to gym 5 times a week. One year from now I expect to be in the best shape of my life and plan to do the Spartan race and the Tough Mudder.
  • I want to spend more time doing charity work, I use to do at least 2 days a month and I haven't done 1 day in a year, this needs to change.
  • I am gonna do whatever it takes to repair my relationship with my father, this "feud" needs to end.
  • Last and not least, I am gonna be the person I know I can be, no more halfassing it because I can.
I might add more as I see fit and if you know me and know something I need to work on let me know, I want to be a completely better person one year from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment