I'm a critic and a skeptic

Monday, May 2, 2011

Stating your goals, ensuring you follow through

My buddy Stephen McKee is doing this 90 day vlog; it’s his Roadmap to Success or something like that. I like the idea. He is gonna document his successes and short comings along the way. I wanted to do it but I didn’t prepare enough and my obvious goals weren’t so obvious to me. In a conversation with him he had to point them out to me, I was like duh how could I not realize that. In that conversation, I realized how truly simple and content my life has been. I have two kick back jobs that pay decent. I have no bills other than rent and car insurance and basic expenses. I’ve been living my life on cruise control. By no means was I miserable about it. I’ve had a basic idea of what I wanted my future to look like. I haven’t told many people these plans so here is my basic timeline of what I want to accomplish.

By the end of the year I want to have all my licenses and certifications to be a firearms instructor. I want to start January by being self employed. In the mean time I am still going to apply at every agency that is taking applications and if I get hired on then awesome. I am still sticking to my timeline. Now that it is out there, I expect to be called out on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment