I'm a critic and a skeptic

Friday, December 3, 2010

Even the slightest bit of negativity can have great consequences

Tonight was my works Christmas party. The festivities were being held in a banquet room at the Utah Jazz basketball game. I’ll admit I had a pretty negative attitude about the whole thing and wasn’t even sure if I was going all day. Last minute I decided I was going. I go to the Trax station by my house, purchase my round trip ticket for $4 and wait for the train. I get on it and two stops later the Transit police get on and check for tickets. Somewhere between the kiosk and the train I lost my ticket. The officer is standing there while I am checking all my pockets and says to me I’ll be back so you can have some time to find it. He goes and checks the car and comes back to me and no ticket. I empty my pockets out on the seat and he sees the one dollar coin the kiosks gives as change. He pretty much says I can tell you bought a ticket cause you have that dollar piece and says to avoid any issues get a one way on my way home. I get to the arena and guess what else I lost, my ticket to the game. So I had to wait for 10 minutes to get that mess cleared up but I made it in to the party. Just goes to show having a negative attitude about anything can really alter your day in a hurry. I had a good time at the party left and chanced it and didn’t get a ticket for the ride home and was left alone and made it home no problems. Just a friendly reminder to keep the PMA all day.

1 comment: