I'm a critic and a skeptic

Thursday, March 17, 2011

When seconds feel like days

I feel like I am constantly in some form of transition. Where nothing is ever quite where I want it to be, and when I think it’s there I find out its back in the other direction. I’m 30(almost) and up until a year ago I felt lost at sea. No matter what I did I never felt that passion for what I was doing. I was just paddling into the open sea hoping to be “carried away on the crest of a wave.” Hoping that I would learn to love what I was doing. I took some leaps into what I thought I would love and found out that it just wasn’t for me. I finally have some direction and have the fire for what I am planning on doing. It’s all I can think about. I know it’s great but it’s making it hard for me to give a shit about my day job in the mean time. The whole time I am there all I can do is think about the day I quit. I keep telling myself only 3 more months, but each passing day feels like an eternity. Here is to blue skies and smooth seas until then. This too shall pass, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment